ARTNeT dialogue on “Analyzing non-tariff measures: collating evidence and setting research agenda”
The Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) and ARTNeT secretariat will organize the ARTNeT dialogue on “Analyzing non-tariff measures: collating evidence and setting research agenda” , 26-27 April 2017, at UNCC, Bangkok, Thailand. This ARTNeT event has a dual objective: 1) to present research findings of the studies undertaken by ARTNeT researchers related to non-tariff measures (NTMs) principally in CLMV counries, and 2) to provide a platform for a conversation on framing a research agenda on NTMs which will better inform policymakers on presence and impacts of NTMs. The target participants for the dialogue are researchers and analysts in think-tanks, reserach institutes and government departments dealing with international trade and development issues. The dialogue will provide a platform for researchers to interact with experts and fellow researchers in the region.This event is organized as part of the project on "Supporting Equitable Economic Development in ASEAN: Impact of Regional Integration (AEC) on Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Viet Nam (CLMV countries)" under phase four of ARTNeT and supported by Agence Française de Développement (AFD) (http://www.afd.fr/lang/en/home).
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Day 1 NTMs and Regulatory Governance, by Loreli C. de Dios
- Day 1 The Fight Against Climate Change and Non-Tariff Measures: The Case of the European Union, by Matthias Helble
- Day 1 Economic and environmental impact of “the Belt and Road Initiative”, by Lu Jianhong, Liu Zhengyan and Song Peng
- Day 2 NTMs in fisheries sector research project: Cambodia case study, by HING Vutha, VEN Seyhah and Chhim Chhun
- Day 2 NTMs in fisheries sector research project: Myanmar case study, by Wai Yee Lin
- Day 2 The Effects of Non-Tariff Measures (NTMs) on Cambodia Agricultural Export: a Gravity Model, by VEN Seyhah
- Day 2 ARTNeT Survey on ‘Setting the future research agenda on NTMs’, by Mia Mikic and Arun Jacob
- Day 2 NTMs Affecting Cambodia’s Maize Export to Thailand, by KHOV Ea Hai
- Day 2 Measuring impact of NTMs on SDGs, by Mia Mikic and Arun Jacob